Slip and fall injuries are some of the most common injuries people suffer. But they’re also some of the most under reported injuries for two reasons: people mistakenly think the injury was their fault, and they sometimes accept meager compensation, such as gift certificates, for injuries that deserve legal compensation. If you have suffered a slip and fall injury, don’t mistake another party’s fault or negligence for your own, and don’t be satisfied with petty gifts that don’t compensate your pain. Instead, contact an injury lawyer that can assist with the slip and fall injury. A legal professional will be able to tell you whether you deserve more compensation than you think.
An injury attorney will also be able to provide advice on who is responsible for the incident. For example, if an injury occurred due to hazardous conditions on another person’s property, they will most likely be held accountable for the incident. If wondering what conditions are qualified as hazardous, they include conditions involving: water, ice and snow, which can make a floor slippery. Uneven flooring is another condition because something like this could be prevented by the property owner.
Slip and Fall Injuries
What exactly, is a Slip and Fall Personal Injury?
Some slip and fall injuries actually consist of slipping and falling. But some other injuries that fall under the slip and fall umbrella are:
– Injuries that result from falling merchandise or other objects;
– Injuries that result from tripping and falling due to torn carpet;
– Injuries that result from tripping and falling due to abrupt changes in floor surface;
– Injuries that result from improperly installed recreation equipment;
– Injuries that result from poor lighting; and
– Injuries that result from egress code violations, such as egress path obstacles andmissing handrails
What Types of Compensation Do Slip and Fall Injuries Receive?
The types of compensation you receive for a slip and fall personal injury depend on theways in which the injury impacts your life. Below are some areas of compensation thatcould apply to a slip and fall injury, depending its unique aspects:
– Compensation for medical bills,
– Compensation for lost wages,
– Compensation for a change in earning ability,
– Compensation for damage to personal property,
– Compensation for the cost of house cleaning services if the injury prevents you from upkeep
– Permanent disfigurement or disability due to the injury, and
– Emotional distress due to the injury
If you’ve suffered a slip and fall injury, it is important to remember that insurance representatives for the responsible party are not your friends. To find out more about how the law views your slip and fall injury, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. A legal professional can analyze your case details to determine whether someone else may have been at fault for your case. If injured while at work,
hiring a lawyer becomes even more important. This is because a lawyer will look at your case to figure out whether you are eligbile to file a workers’ compensation claim. This can help you recover medical costs and obtain compensation for pay that may have been missed as a result of the injury.